Job Title: Operations Management Trainee
Department: New York Distribution Center
Location: Liverpool, NY
• Reports to General Manager, Distribution Center – Liverpool, NY
• Executes work under direction or established procedures 50% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 50% of the time.
This dynamic role will initially be responsible for learning the key components of the operations side of Dot Foods and potentially filling in for other leaders who are out of their current role. As the individual gains experience in this role, they would be expected to increase their impact to the New York Distribution Center. This individual will also spend time leading and serving on teams and committees in an effort to better understand the business and use their strengths to problem solve in key areas.
• Initially, this person will spend a significant amount of time rotating through job roles at the distribution center to include warehouse, transportation (Dot Transportation, Inc.), maintenance, and inventory control.
• First-hand interaction with personnel in several sub-departments across the distribution center and Dot Foods to understand the operations in New York.
• Gather, measure, and interpret data critical to improving processes within the distribution center and in support of internal partners.
• Work with individuals across departments to better understand how the distribution center impacts various internal partners.
• Provide training or training opportunities and perform evaluations of any direct reports.
• Heavy focus on financial analysis
• Other assignments as directed
Occasional Work Performed:
• Occasional work on other specific projects as needed to drive performance in key areas within the distribution center.
• Travel to other Dot DCs as needed to understand components related to core activities.
• Participate in meetings with purchasing, warehouse, transportation, and outside distribution centers to enhance knowledge of processes and develop relationships necessary to collaborate effectively.
• Training and participation in Total Quality Management (TQM) teams.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
• Occasional overnight travel to other company facilities or outside facilities for training.
• On-call availability as needed.
• Weekend/night shift work may be required based upon facility needs.
• Warehouse work in all temperature conditions, below 0 to above 100 degrees.