Job Title: Williamsport, MD - Class A Regional Company Delivery Driver (4 on / 4 off)
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc.
Location: Williamsport, MD
Schedule: 4 day on 4 day off rotation
- Reports to DTI Leadership
- Work schedule is directed by DTI Leadership
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time. Essential Responsibilities: · Read and understand product descriptions, packaging and pick ticket messages. · Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards. · Utilize established processes/ procedures to minimize damage and other wastes. · Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, speed control. · Temperature extremes: indoor/ outdoor work in all weather conditions. · Extensive sitting, walking and standing during work hours.Safety Responsibilities:
- This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- · Day or night/ weekday or weekend work.
- Working Conditions:
- · Maintain all driver logbooks and paperwork as required
- · Load/ unload dry, frozen and refrigerated product as required.
- · Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the truck driving position.
- · Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
- · Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to customers and suppliers.
- Primary Purpose: Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product. A Company Delivery Driver at Dot Transportation Inc. (DTI) primarily delivers product to and from Dot Foods customers and picks up product at suppliers. A Companis typically dispatched for 2-4 days per trip.