Job Title: Warehouse Shift Manager
Department: Chicago (University Park), IL Warehouse
Location: Chicago (University Park), IL
· Reports to Chicago (University Park), IL Warehouse Director.
· Executes work under direction or established procedures 10% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 90% of the time.
· Supervises warehouse lead staff, warehouse floor personnel.
Provides hands-on leadership on the warehouse floor by training, monitoring, and evaluating assigned personnel and actively lead the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company culture, service, and cost objectives.
· Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all materials handling equipment within a safe work environment.
· Supervise and coordinate unloading and orderly slotting of inbound shipments and picking, staging, and loading of outbound shipments in a timely, cost-efficient manner.
· Communication, coordination and support of all policies and procedures within the warehouse and company.
· Develop/ maintain work schedules of supervised staff.
· Conduct performance reviews and implement/ manage development plans for supervised staff.
· Train assigned personnel to accurately and consistently use warehouse management systems.
· Communicate work expectations and results achieved to assigned personnel.
· Listens to employee concerns, solicits employee suggestions/ input and follows up with employees.
· Picking, loading, unloading, dragging, and other duties as assigned.
· Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
· Follows and applies standard work and work instructions
Occasional Work Performed:
· Committees and projects as assigned.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
· Indoor work with hot and humid or cold temperature extremes.
· Possible need to arrive before and/or stay after shift in order to fulfill responsibilities.
· Extensive standing/walking while operating assigned pieces of warehouse equipment.
· High school diploma or general equivalency degree required, four-year college degree preferred.
· Previous warehouse leadership experience required.
· Proven successful leadership experience (communication, coaching, organizational skills) required.
· Ability to perform well in a team environment across temperatures and departments.
· Ability to accept changing work demands and seek opportunities to improve warehouse operations.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Proficient in trained warehouse activities.
· Occasional overnight travel required ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for training or meetings.
Dot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.