Operations Management Trainee
Job Title: Operations Management Trainee
Department: Warehouses/ Operations
Location: Williamsport, MD
- Reports to Distribution Asst, Center General Manager – Williamsport, MD.
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 50% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 50% of the time.
- This position will likely supervise direct reports within the 1st year of the position.
This dynamic role will initially be responsible for learning the key components of the operations side of Dot and potentially filling in for other leaders who are out of their current role. As the individual gains experience in this position, they will assume people management responsibility and also be expected to increase their impact to the MD Office through their activity and the activity of the people they manage. This individual will also spend time leading and serving on teams and committees in an effort to better understand the business and use their strengths to problem solve in key areas.
- Initially, this person will spend a significant amount of time rotating through job roles in the warehouse to include lead, supervisor, gate station, inventory, warehouse clerk and other positions.
- Contact/ interaction with personnel in several sub-departments across the distribution center and Dot to understand the operations in Maryland.
- Gather, measure, and interpret data critical to improving processes within the distribution center and in support of internal partners.
- Work with individuals across departments to develop knowledge of how the distribution center impacts various internal partners.
- Provide training or training opportunities and perform evaluations of assigned direct reports.
- Other assignments as needed and directed
Occasional Work Performed:
- Occasional work on other specific projects as needed to drive performance in the key areas within the DC.
- Travel to other Dot facilities as needed to understand components related to core activity.
- Participate in meetings with purchasing, warehouse, transportation, and outside distribution centers to enhance knowledge of the processes and develop relationships necessary to collaborate effectively.
- Total Quality Management (TQM) training and participation.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- Occasional overnight travel to other company facilities or outside facilities for training.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Weekend/ night/ shift work may be required based upon facility needs.
- Warehouse work in all temperature conditions, below 0 to above 100 degrees.