Job Title: Cross Dock Operations Specialist
Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI)/ Joliet/University Park Facility
Location: Chicago (University Park), IL
Schedule: Thursday-Sunday Days (6:30 am-5:00 pm)
- Reports to Dot Foods/DTI Leadership
- Executes work under direct supervision 15% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 85% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
This position is responsible for receiving, cross docking, and shipping of product in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Safely and efficiently utilize the warehouse material handling equipment.
- Accurately and consistently uses DTI & warehouse management systems to update information as required.
- Performs refrigeration checks and takes appropriate action when required.
- Updates spreadsheets and data information systems as required.
- Maintains gate station responsibilities as required.
- Cross-docks freight in a timely and efficient manner as defined by due out schedules.
- Trailer Moves/Spotting activities associated with cross-dock activity
- Warehouse/ janitorial duties as needed and assigned.
- Interface with drivers for truck repair coordination.
- Coordinates all applicable driver paperwork.
- Other duties and project work as assigned.
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
- Follows and applies standard work and work instructions
Occasional Work Performed:
- Training/ participation on Total Quality Management (TQM) teams and work groups.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Indoor & outdoor work with hot and humid or cold temperature extremes.
- Possible need to attend on off-days to participate in work group meetings/training sessions.
- Extensive standing/walking while operating assigned pieces of equipment.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.