Job Title: Burley, ID - Class A Regional Company Driver / No-Touch
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI)
Location: Burley, ID
Primary Purpose: Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product as needed and directed.
· Reports to DTI Leadership.
· Work schedule is directed by DTI Leadership.
· Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time.
· Does not supervise others.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to and from customers and suppliers and between Dot locations.
· Read and understand product descriptions, packaging, and delivery receipt messages.
· Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
· Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
· Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the driving position.
· Utilize established processes / procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
· Deliver refrigerated product as required.
· Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, and speed control.
· Maintain all driver logbooks and paperwork as required.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
· Temperature extremes: indoor / outdoor work in all weather conditions.
· Extensive sitting, walking, and standing during work hours.
· High school diploma or general equivalency degree preferred.
· Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and clean Motor Vehicle Report required.
· HAZMAT endorsement must be obtained before being released from company driver training program.
· Medical examiner certificate from a company-approved examiner.
· Compliance with the rules and regulations as established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation and the Motor Vehicle Codes as established by any state and local government in which the driver is operating / working.
· Driving skills necessary to drive in a safe, courteous, efficient manner in heavy/ city traffic, rural areas and intra/ interstate traffic.
· Ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, twist, reach, climb, or kneel for extended periods of time throughout the driving trip and the delivery process.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
· Responsible for safe and efficient STC deliveries.
· Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to safely operate powered equipment and carry out job responsibilities.
· Graduate of approved truck driver training school required or minimum of six months of over-the-road driving experience.