TN Operations Management Trainee
Job Title: Operations Management Trainee
Location: Dyersburg, TN
- Reports to General Manager, TN Distribution Center
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 50% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 50% of the time.
- This position will likely supervise direct reports within the 1styear of the position.
The successful candidate will learn the key components of the warehousing operation at Dot Foods. This individual will also spend time leading and serving on teams and committees in an effort to better understand the business and use their strengths to problem solve in key areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Spend time training for one of several functional roles in the warehousing operation at Dot Foods
- Rotate through different job roles at the distribution center
- Gather, measure, and interpret data critical to improving processes within the distribution center
- Provide training or training opportunities and perform evaluations of staff personnel
- Manage other assignments as directed
Occasional Work Performed
The successful candidate will occasionally:
- Work on specific projects as needed to drive performance in the key areas within the distribution center
- Travel to other Dot distribution centers as needed to understand components related to core activity.
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste.
- Follow and applies standard work and work instructions.
- Occasional overnight travel to other company facilities or outside facilities for training
- On-call availability as needed
- Weekend, night, or shift work based on facility needs
- Warehouse work in all temperature conditions, below 0 to above 100 degrees