IN Operations Management Trainee
Job Title: Operations Management Trainee
Department: Indiana Distribution Center
Location: Cambridge City, IN
· Reports to General Manager - Indiana DC
· Executes work under direction or established procedures 50% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 50% of the time.
· This position will likely supervise direct reports after the first year in the position.
This dynamic role will initially be responsible for learning the key components of the operations side of Dot and providing support/ leadership as needed in various roles. As the individual gains experience in this role, they will assume people management responsibility and also be expected to increase their impact to the Indiana Distribution Center through their activity and the activity of the people they manage. This individual will also spend time leading and serving on teams and committees in an effort to better understand the business and use their strengths to problem solve in key areas.
· Initially, this person will spend a significant amount of time rotating through job roles the distribution center to include warehouse, DTI, maintenance, inventory and sanitation
· Contact/ interaction with personnel in several sub-departments across the distribution center and Dot to understand the operations in Indiana.
· Gather, measure, and interpret data critical to improving processes within the distribution center and in support of internal partners.
· Work with individuals across departments to develop knowledge of how the distribution center impacts various internal partners.
· Provide training or training opportunities and perform evaluations of direct reports.
· Heavy focus on financial analysis
· Other assignments as directed
Occasional Work Performed:
· Occasional work on other specific projects as needed to drive performance in the key areas within the distribution center
· Travel to other Dot facilities as needed to understand components related to core activity.
· Participate in meetings with purchasing, warehouse, transportation, and outside distribution centers to enhance knowledge of the processes and develop relationships necessary to collaborate effectively.
· Supports Dot’s Lean initiative
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
· Occasional overnight travel to other company facilities or outside facilities for training.
· On-call availability as needed.
· Weekend/ night/ shift work may be required based upon facility needs.
· Warehouse work in all temperature conditions, below 0 to above 100 degrees.
· Four-year college degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience required emphasis in logistics, supply-chain management, transportation or maintenance preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong leadership, planning and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated aptitude for budget development and business analysis.
· Demonstrated ability to embrace and/or facilitate change.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs skills as well as AS400
· Ability to assume additional responsibilities, including people management, within one year of successful performance in the Operations Management Trainee position.
· Occasional overnight travel required ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for training or meetings.
· As a current Dot/DTI employee, you must have current manager/supervisor approval and recommendation to apply for this position.