Job Title: Gate Station Attendant,
Department: Dot Transportation, Inc (DTI)
Location: Williamsport, MD
Schedule: Nights and weekends
· Reports to Transportation Management Trainee
· Works under direct supervision 10% of the time, works independently setting work schedule priorities 90% of the time.
· Does not supervise others.
This position is responsible for controlling, inspecting, recording and tracking inbound and outbound customer and vendor truck traffic.
Other Work Performed:
· Assist with dissemination of company driver notices and messages.
· Notify Safety Department of safety or security accidents, incidents, or violations.
· Assist dispatch team with after office hours driver support
· Sorting driver payroll paperwork.
· Assist with custom haul load and paperwork tracking.
· Collecting driver surveys.
· Emailing for customer delivery times
· Creating of split trips in TMW
· Interacting with dispatch, warehouse, garage, and other DC`s
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
· Weekend scheduled work.
· Outside work in all weather conditions.
· Works independently during the majority of the shift.
· Occasional overtime required.
· High school diploma or general equivalency degree required college degree preferred.
· Professional, positive verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Professional interpersonal skills ability to communicate positively and effectively with internal and external customers.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.