Job Title: Cambridge City, IN - Student Regional Truck Driver (4 on / 4 off)
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc.
Location: Cambridge City, IN
Schedule: 4 day on, 4 day off rotation
Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product. A Company Delivery Driver at Dot Transportation Inc. (DTI) primarily delivers product to and from Dot Foods customers and picks up product at suppliers. A Company Delivery Driver is typically dispatched for 2 to 4 days per trip.
· This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
· High school diploma or general equivalency degree preferred.
· Ability to safely lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly for loading, unloading and restacking of product.
· Commitment to complete a truck driving school program and attain a Class A Commercial driver’s license (CDL).
· Clean motor vehicle report required.
· HAZMAT endorsement must be obtained before being released from company driver training program.
· Medical examiner certificate from a company-approved examiner.
· Compliance with the rules and regulations as established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation and the motor vehicle codes as established by any state and local government in which the driver is operating/ working.
· Driving skills necessary to drive in a safe, courteous, efficient manner in heavy/ city traffic, rural areas and interstate traffic.
· Ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, twist, reach, climb, or kneel for extended periods of time throughout the driving trip and the delivery process.
· Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to safely operate powered equipment and carry out job responsibilities.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.