Job Title: Williamsport,MD – Class A Regional Company Delivery Driver-(Part Time)
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc.
Location: Williamsport, MD
- Reports to Director of Transportation .
- Work schedule is directed by the Director of Transportation .
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time.
Primary Purpose: Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product. A Class A Regional Company Delivery Driver at Dot Transportation Inc. (DTI) primarily delivers product to and from Dot Foods customers and picks up product at suppliers.
- Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to customers and suppliers.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging and pick ticket messages.
- Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
- Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the truck driving position.
- Utilize established processes/ procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Load/ unload dry, frozen and refrigerated product as required.
- Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, speed control.
- Maintain all driver logbooks and paperwork as required
- Temperature extremes: indoor/ outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Day or night/ weekday or weekend work.
- Extensive sitting, walking and standing during work hours.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.