Job Title: University Park, IL – Class A Doubles Company Driver / No-Touch
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI)
Location: Chicago (University Park), IL
Schedule: Full-time Part-time
Primary Purpose: Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product as needed and directed.
- Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to and from customers and suppliers and between Dot locations.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging, and delivery receipt messages.
- Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
- Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the driving position.
- Utilize established processes / procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Works on dock with vendor/customer to facilitate proper loading or unloading of trailer
- Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, and speed control.
- Maintain all driver logbooks and paperwork as required.
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste.
- Follows and applies standard work and work instructions.
- Reports to DTI Leadership.
- Work schedule is directed by DTI Leadership.
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
Essential Job Responsibilities:Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to and from customers and suppliers and between Dot locations.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- Temperature extremes: indoor / outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Day or night / weekday or weekend work.
- Extensive sitting, walking, and standing during work hours.
This position is open to internal and external applications. Please contact HR Recruiting/ Staffing with questions.
Dot Foods is an equal opportunity employer.