Job Title: Dispatch Clerk
Department: Dot Transportation, Inc (DTI)
Location: Burley, Idaho
· Reports to Transportation Supervisor.
· Executes work under direction or established procedures 50% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 50% of the time.
· Does not supervise others.
Performs clerical duties associated with the administrative department for Dot Transportation, Inc.
· Receives, routes, and analyzes information for the department.
· Assists in making customer and vendor appointments and driver calls.
· Communicates with drivers on deliveries and pickups.
· Organizes necessary paperwork for drivers.
· Assists in router download, upload, and dispatch areas.
· Sets up and maintains system to accurately track internal quality measures.
· Tracks and posts internal quality measures.
· Retrieves driver purchase order call-in information and posts in AS/400.
· Updates AS/400 system on purchase orders, ETA (Expected Time of Arrival), customer directions, and customer master data.
· Communicates with internal and external customers.
· Serves as a backup for the Assistant Dispatcher position.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace, safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location.