Job Title: Class A Regional Company Driver /No-Touch
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI)
Location: Ardmore, Oklahoma
Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product as needed and directed.
- Reports to DTI Leadership.
- Work schedule is directed by DTI Leadership.
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to and from customer and suppliers.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging, and delivery receipt messages.
- Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
- Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the driving position.
- Utilize established processes / procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Works on dock with vendor/customer to facilitate proper loading or unloading of trailer
- Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, and speed control.
- Maintain all driver logbooks and paperwork as required.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- Temperature extremes: indoor / outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Day or night / weekday or weekend work.
- Extensive sitting, walking, and standing during work hours.