Job Title: Transportation Safety Manager
Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI)/ Transportation Safety
Location: Mt Sterling, IL
The position is responsible for safety-related driver training, develops and provides support to DTI safety initiatives, and supports the development and maintenance of our safety culture.
Occasional Work Performed:
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety, including driving safety, of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience required.
• Two years of safety experience required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of truck transportation experience required.
• In-depth knowledge of Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) regulations required.
• Professional, positive interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrated aptitude in teams, team facilitation, and individual/team training environments required.
• Ability to interact well with employees at all levels of the organization required.
• Strong personal motivation toward personal learning and developing talents in others required.
• Flexible schedule that requires some evening and weekend work required.
• Overnight travel required; ability to independently travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train to attend meetings and training as needed.
• Commercial Driver’s License or commercial driving experience preferred.
• Experience in providing group presentations preferred.
• Experience/ understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred
• Strong analytical and organizational skills preferred.
Dot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.