Job Title: Chicago (University Park), IL - Class A Team Company Delivery Driver
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc.
Location: Chicago (University Park), IL
- Reports to DTI Leadership.
- Work schedule is directed by DTI Leadership.
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time.
Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product. A Class A Team Company Delivery Driver at Dot Transportation Inc. (DTI) primarily delivers product to and from Dot Foods customers and picks up product at suppliers. A Class A Team Company Delivery Driver is typically dispatched for 2-4 days per trip and will average 2-2.5 days of home time per week.
- Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to customers and suppliers.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging and pick ticket messages.
- Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
- Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the truck driving position.
- Utilize established processes/ procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Load/ unload dry, frozen and refrigerated product as required.
- Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, speed control.
- Maintain all driver logbooks and paperwork as required.
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste.
- Follows and applies standard work and work instructions.
- Temperature extremes: indoor/ outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Day or night/ weekday or weekend work.
- Extensive sitting, walking and standing during work hours.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
This position is open to internal and external applications. Please contact HR Recruiting/ Staffing with questions.
Dot Foods is an equal opportunity employer.