Job Title: Building Grounds Maintenance Level II
Department: Building Grounds Maintenance
Location: Chicago (University Park), IL facility
Schedule: Full-time. Monday – Friday Days, Weekends as needed. On call rotation.
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of company buildings, equipment and grounds and requires broad knowledge in electrical, mechanical, and HVACR systems.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
· High school diploma or general equivalency degree required.
· Good physical condition and agility to access all areas of the facilities for installation and repair of equipment.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently, occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs.
· Computer skills/proficiency.
· Safety oriented.
· Ability to accurately and completely follow verbal and written instructions.
· 5 years of maintenance trades experience preferred
· Extensive knowledge in electrical trade-110V, 240V, 277V, 480V-one and three phase.
· One year of HVAC training or three years of on-the-job training preferred.
· Two years welding experience or formal training preferred.
· Plumbing skills.
· Good interpersonal skills in working with other employees, departments and outside vendors.
· Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to operate powered equipment safely.
· Occasional overnight travel required ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train to attend meetings or training.