Job Title: Chicago (University Park), IL - Class A Regional Company Driver / No-Touch (4 on / 4 off)
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc.
Location: Chicago (University Park), IL
Schedule: 4 day on 4 day off rotation
· Reports to DTI Leadership.
· Work schedule is directed by DTI Leadership.
· Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time.
Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product as needed and directed. A Company Driver (No-Touch) is typically dispatched for 1-4 days per trip.
· Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to customers and suppliers.
· Read and understand product descriptions, packaging and load document messages.
· Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
· Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
· Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the truck driving position.
· Utilize established processes/ procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
· Works on dock with vendor/customer to facilitate proper loading or unloading of trailer
· Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, speed control.
· Maintain all driver logs and paperwork as required
· Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste
· Follows and applies standard work and work instructions
· Temperature extremes: indoor/ outdoor work in all weather conditions.
· Day or night/ weekday or weekend work.
· Extensive sitting, walking and standing during work hours.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.