Location: University Park, IL Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI) Reports To: DTI Leadership
Your Role: A Local Company Driver at DTI primarily delivers product to Dot Foods customers and picks up product at our suppliers.
- Safely and efficiently operate DTI equipment for transportation of product to customers and from suppliers
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements imposed by the Dept. of Transportation, FMCSA, or any other governing body
- Meet established company goals including managing MPG, fuel purchases, idle time, and speed
- Read and understand DTI load paperwork, as well as product and packaging descriptions
- Understand and safely follow directions and instructions
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Typically dispatched within 250-mile radius of Chicago area. Home every night 95% of the time.
- Daily work consists of an average of 2-4 NO TOUCH deliveries and pickups.
- $45,000 average first year gross income.
- Working in all weather conditions, both weekday and weekend schedules, day and night driving
- Includes sitting, walking, or standing during work hours
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive annual earnings, including bonus opportunities
- Outstanding Health insurance and company-provided Life insurance
- Company-sponsored retirement plan: 401k with a company match and profit sharing
- Paid time off benefits that include up to 5 weeks of vacation, 8 paid holidays, and paid sick leave