Job Title: Class A Regional Delivery Company Driver (4 on / 4 off)
Company/ Department: Dot Transportation, Inc.
Location: Rochester, NY
Schedule: 4 day on 4 day off rotation
- Reports to Transportation Manager.
- Work schedule is directed by Transportation Manager.
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 10% of the time.
Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product as needed and directed. A Company Driver is typically dispatched for 1-4 days per trip.
- Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to and from customer and suppliers.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging, and delivery receipt messages.
- Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
- Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the driving position.
- Utilize established processes / procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Load / unload dry, frozen and refrigerated product as required.
- Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, and speed control.
- Maintain all driver logbooks and paperwork as required.
- Temperature extremes: indoor/ outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Day or night/ weekday or weekend work.
- Extensive sitting, walking and standing during work hours.