Job Title: Saginaw, TX Class A Regional Company Driver
Department: Dot Transportation, Inc
Location: Ardmore, OK
- Reports to the Director of Transportation
- Work schedule is directed by the Driver supervisor
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time.
- Works independently setting priorities and work schedule 10% of the time.
- Supervises- no one
Safe, efficient, courteous transportation and delivery of product.
- Safely and efficiently utilize transportation equipment for transportation of product to customers and suppliers.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging and pick ticket messages.
- Access load paperwork, determine tractor, trailer and load to be handled, understand and follow directions to customer and supplier locations.
- Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the truck driving position.
- Utilize established processes/ procedures to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Unload dry, frozen and refrigerated product as required for each customer.
- Understanding of cost-containment in regards to managing out-of-route miles, miles per gallon, fuel purchasing, idle time, speed control.
- Operate e log unit(peoplenet) and maintain paper log book when needed.
Assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location and equipment.
Adverse Working Conditions:
- Temperature extremes: indoor/outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Day or night/ weekday or weekend work.
- Extensive sitting, Lifting, walking, and standing during work hours.