Job Title: Full Time Non-Freight Handler
Schedule: Nights, Sunday-Wednesday 7 pm-5:30 am
Occasional need to work past scheduled shift end-time as necessary to meet productions
- Reports to Warehouse Shift Supervisor
- Work schedule is directed by the Warehouse Lead persons
- Executes work under direction or established procedures 90% of the time.
- Works independently setting priorities and work schedule 10% of the time.
Use the material handling equipment and the warehouse management system to drag staged product for shipment and receive product into the warehouse.
- Safely and efficiently utilize the warehouse material handling equipment
- Utilize RF units and receiving documentation.
- Understanding the pallet layers, heights, and counting methods used when working with pallets of product.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging and pick ticket messages.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker’s duties as they apply to the order selector position.
- Utilize good housekeeping processes.
- Utilize warehouse processes to minimize damage and other wastes.
Occasional Work Performed:
- Inventory counting.
- Perform sanitation duties as required.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- Temperature extremes: hot and humid temperatures and/or 5 below zero freezer temperature.