Shipping Clerk Part Time
Location: Williamsport, MD
Reports To: Warehouse Support Manager
Process orders that are to be shipped via FedEx, UPS and other carriers as needed.
• Package and re-package cases and “eaches” to be shipped via small carrier
• Send office mail and supplies out via FedEx
• Print package labels and track daily production and shipment information
• Maintain and track packaging supplies
• Process returns
• Release orders and update customer information in the computer
• Schedule: Sunday-Wednesday 4 pm-12:30 am
• Warehouse shift work as needed, meeting warehouse production standards
• Overtime may be required to fulfill responsibilities
• Indoor work with temperatures ranging from below 0 to above 100 degrees with humidity
• Extensive standing and walking
We Need You To Have:
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to lift up to 80 pounds and 60 pounds repetitively
• Ability to pass standard physical abilities test to meet the physical demands of job
• A dedication to eliminating waste in all areas of the position
We’d Like You To Have:
• Prior warehouse experience
• Experience in working in a team environment as well as individually
• Prior forklift experience
• Prior experience working with computers and/or warehouse systems
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Wage Range:
• Competitive benefits
• Advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions
Ability to learn to use shipping computer system, Microsoft Office programs, AS400 and warehouse systems.