Job Title: Driver Trainer
Department: Dot Transportation, Inc
· Reports to .Director of Transportation
· Executes work under direction or established procedures 20% of the time works independently setting priorities and work schedule 80% of the time.
· Supervises new drivers while those employees are in training
This position will provide mentoring for and assist new drivers in learning the processes and procedures within the Dot Foods and Dot Transportation systems as pertains to deliveries, returns, paperwork, in-bound loads, etc.
· Mentor/ assist new drivers in learning processes and procedures.
· Attend Driver Train the Trainer Course.
· Attend and participate in training activities and meetings.
· Track progress of assigned new driver(s) during training period.
· Provide feedback to assigned new driver(s) and to transportation management.
Occasional Work Performed:
· Assist with testing equipment or systems.
· Training in and participation on Total Quality Management (TQM) teams.
Assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location.