Job Title: Pallet Sorter Part Time
Department: MD Warehouse Operations
Location: Williamsport, MD
Schedule: Thursday, Friday, Saturday 7 pm-5:30 am
· Reports to Warehouse Shift Manager.
· Executes work under direction or established procedures 95% of the time works independently setting work schedule priorities 5% of the time.
· Does not supervise others.
This position will use pallet handling equipment to effectively sort and evaluate pallets for production or repair. Pallets will be evaluated based on company standards and emphasis placed on reducing waste, meeting quality standards, and production goals.
· Safely and efficiently utilize the forklift for pallet separation, loading, and unloading
· Ability to stack stable, well-built pallets for shipment, stock, or in-house use.
· Understanding the pallet components, dimensions, and repair methods used when evaluating and repairing pallets.
· Professional, courteous manner in working with internal customers and outside vendors.
· Consistently meet established company production and quality level standards.
· Utilize good housekeeping processes.
· Utilize pallet return processes to minimize damage and other wastes..
· Trains/ participates on Warehouse teams and work groups.
· Accurately maintain records of pallet production, quality goals, and daily hours.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
· Dusty environment.
· Some heavy lifting – 65 lbs
· Indoor/ outdoor work with temperatures varying from hot/ humid to extreme cold.
· Extensive standing/ walking while operating pallet sorting equipment.
· Overtime as needed.
-Must have minimum 2 years’ experience driving sit down Forklift.
-Experience with pallet sorting preferred but not required.