Parcel Handler 1
Location: Williamsport, MD Department:Warehouse Reports To: Warehouse Support Manager
Your Role: Process orders that are to be shipped via FedEx, UPS and other carriers as needed.
* Package and re-package cases and "eaches" to be shipped via small carrier
* Send office mail and supplies out via FedEx
* Print package labels and tract daily production and shipment information
* Maintain and track packaging supplies
* Process Returns
* Schedule: Nightshift 4x10 6 pm-4:30 am Monday-Thursday
Dayshift 4x10 8 am-6:30 pm Monday-Thursday
* Indoor work with temperatures that range from -5 to above 100 degrees with humidity
* Extensive standing and walking
* Warehouse shift work as needed, meeting warehouse production standards
We Need you to have:
* Ability to pass standard physical abilities test to meet physical demands of the job
* Effective math and organization skills
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
We'd like you to have:
* Prior warehouse experience
* Experience in working in a team environment as well as individually
* Prior forklift experience
* Prior experience working with computers and or warehouse systems
What can Dot offer you?
As a family-owned and operated company since 1960 Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
* Competitive pay $15.50 hr Days and $16.00 hr Nights
* Advancement opportunities
* Flexible work schedules
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Ability to learn to use shipping computer system, Microsoft Office programs, AS400 and warehouse systems.