Click column header to sort
Location:Mt. Sterling, IL Department:Pricing Reports To:Pricing Team Supervisor
Your Role: As a member of the Pricing Team, the Pricing Specialist interacts with many Dot departments, such as sales, customer service, business development and misc. accounts receivable, as well as external partners. You will play a key role in distributor and supplier invoice accuracy managing contract and deviated pricing programs for 120 manufacturers, on average.
- Perform various calculations and create formulas to arrive at the distributor sale price
- Establish and maintain customer pricing through various pricing options
- Set up and maintenance of deviated pricing, weight bracket overrides, and promotions in Dot Foods computer systems
- Manage distributor shelter and accrual setup, maintenance, tracking, and communication
- Work directly with assigned manufacturer partners to manage contract pricing expirations and renewals.
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Full-time Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Work as a team to provide services to internal and external customers
Location:Chesterfield, MO or Remote Department:Savor Imports
Reports To:Director of Business Development
Your Role:This position will manage national account headquarter relationships securing profitable product(s) agreements delivering against the territory sales plan.
- Initiates direct sales calls on account headquarters.
- Works with Savor Imports’ category management to negotiate and maintain product contracts for assigned accounts
- Develops and maintains account plans outlining strategic and tactical efforts to grow territory sales
- Effectively communicates account initiatives and execution plans to management
- Makes frequent calls on customers to build relationships and foster growth
- Achieves sales goals and objectives
- Attends industry specific conferences and meetings
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel (6-9 nights per month) to other company facilities or outside facilities for training. Must have the ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible work environment
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plan
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are
qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Location:Chesterfield, Missouri Department:Sales
Your Role: As an associate district sales manager (ADSM), you will absorb company knowledge, understand the food supply chain and enhance professional sales skills. The associate development program length varies based on your current level of experience but is a minimum of six months. Your goal is to be promoted to a Dot Foods district sales manager (DSM).
Your Future Role: DSMs are consultants to our existing 4,000 distributor customer base, traveling and entertaining distributors two to three days a week in their territory. They do not perform any cold calling. DSMs build upon their relationships and solve problems in order to increase the business we do with them.
A Day in the Life of an Associate District Sales Manager
- Shadow current DSMs and other positions including warehouse, transportation, customer service and replenishment to gain first-hand experience
- Participate in group training sessions to learn various DSM techniques and functions
- Engage in multiple role play scenarios to sharpen skills and demonstrate professional growth to management
- Master Dot’s product line offering and other supply chain terminology
- Present on various training topics to other associates
Manufacturer Marketing Campaigns
- Execute marketing campaigns on behalf of manufacturer partners, including many of the most recognizable food brands in the world
- Build relationships and discover new ways to help grow their business through email and phone communication
- Track results, provide analysis and summation of activity, and present on results and next steps to a Dot business development manager and the manufacturer
EOE/AA Employer: We will not discriminate in our employment practices due to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status
Location:Chesterfield, MO, Mt. Sterling, IL, or Remote Department:Savor Imports
Reports To:Director of Business Development
Your Role: Responsible for vendor development and management, product sourcing and category management for a specific group of Savor imported product
- Develop sourcing and category strategies based on financial and growth expectations, customer needs, product trends, and competitive landscape
- Align and manage product pricing to Savor’s brand strategy
- Manage vendor relationships and sourcing strategies to maximize profitability
- Meet company inventory and service level objectives
- Develop and coordinate communication, education and sales initiatives to motivate sales behavior
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Full-time; Monday-Friday. May require 5-10 hours of work per week during non-traditional work hours due to international time zone differences.
- Ability to independently travel as needed (50-65 nights per year of international travel), without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings