Location:St. Louis (Chesterfield), MO
Supervision: Reports to the Sales Recruiting and Training Manager.
As an associate district sales manager (ADSM), you will absorb company knowledge, understand the food supply chain and enhance professional sales skills. The associate development program length varies based on your current level of experience but is a minimum of six months. Your goal is to be promoted to a Dot Foods district sales manager (DSM).
Your Future Role:
DSMs are consultants to our existing 4,000 distributor customer base, traveling and entertaining distributors two to three days a week in their territory. They do not perform any cold calling. DSMs build upon their relationships and solve problems in order to increase the business we do with them.
A Day in the Life of an Associate District Sales Manager:
- Shadow current DSM’s and other positions including warehouse, transportation, customer service and replenishment to gain first-hand experience
- Participate in group training sessions to learn variDSM DSM techniques and functions
- Engage in multiple role play scenarios to sharpen skills and demonstrate professional growth to management
- Master Dot's product line offering and other supply chain terminology
- Present on various training topics to other associates
Manufacturer Marketing Campaigns:
- Execute marketing campaigns on behalf of manufacturer partners, including many of the most recognizable food brands in the world
- Build relationships and discover new ways to help grow their business through email and phone communication
- Track results, provide analysis and summation of activity, and present on results and next steps to a Dot business development manager and the manufacturer
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.