Location:St. Louis, MO Department:Dot Expressway Reports To:Product Manager – Digital Commerce
Your Role: The Dot Expressway is a B2B ecommerce site that connects thousands of food industry buyers and manufacturers each day. With constant focus on user experience, the Ecommerce Merchandiser serves as our business lead for product categories – how we organize them, which items are assigned to them, and how we display them on the Expressway. This includes prioritizing categories for merchandising based on business need, user feedback or potential sales; delivering key experiences within the category for user personas; collaborating with Sales, Business Development and Master Data to effectively organize item categories and sub-categories; position categories within our digital experience and benchmark our approach to merchandising against ecommerce peers and leaders.
- Research, establish and maintain assigned item category/sub-category taxonomy
- Drive excellent search experiences for users through product content and search tool configuration
- Effectively merchandise assigned categories on the Dot Expressway
- Establish/maintain landing pages for distributor segments (grocery, foodservice, convenience etc) and operator/retailer segments (fine-dining, bar/tavern, fast-casual, etc.)
- Establish/maintain landing pages for new, featured, promotional and other categories as assigned
- Collaborate with corporate branding and digital marketing teams to present consistent, effective brand experience for users
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel to internal and industry events. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
US-CA-Paramount | US-NV-Las Vegas | US-AZ-Bullhead City | US-CO-Denver | US-CA-Modesto | US-UT-Salt Lake City | US-West Coast
Location: Remote - West Coast Based Department:Sales
Reports To:Regional Sales Manager – West Coast
Your Role:The District Sales Manager (DSM) will work in conjunction with their manager and Customer Service Representative (CSR) to acquire new business as well as increase the thru-put of current business through the pro-active selling of food and non-food products in the specified territory while also building net margin.
- Build customer relationships and manage daily aspects of customer’s business through Dot
- Penetrate customers’ departments and management teams to build relationships and buy-in to Dot’s value
- Collaborate with brokers and direct sales representatives in market to build business for Dot and customers
- Daily problem solving to find supply chain solutions for assigned customers
- Work with various Dot internal departments to improve account/Dot transactions to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, and grow our overall business.
- Improve Dot’s net margin profitability on assigned customers
- Salesforce (CRM system) management
- Deduction management
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel–6-8 nights per month, typically Tuesday–Thursday, into assigned territory. Must have the ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 57 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Significant advancement opportunities
- Flexible work environment
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Competitive wages, bonus programs, and benefits
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.